Pentax is a leading optics manufacturer, better known for it's legacy in the film and digital camera industry. Lesser known to others, the Pentax Brand has a branch of high performance binoculars and premium spotting scopes, today, they are well known with birders, hunters, boaters and even astronomers. Pentax optics are carefully engineered under the care of manufacturers in Japan, where the headquarters is managed by the HOYA Corporation in Tokyo.
The high quality solid black Pentax 8x40 S-Series SP Binocular combines aspherical optical elements and BAK4 Porro prisms to deliver edge-to-edge image sharpness with a 65.6° angle of view. The optical elements are also fully multicoated to provide a high transmission of light. With an 8x magnification and 40mm objectives, you obtain a notable magnification, insignificant image jitter due to unsteady hands, and a compact form factor. You can easily spot your targets with anti-reflection fully multicoated optics and can quickly bring them into focus with a center focus wheel. In addition to observing distant scenes, birds and game, the minimum focus of 19.8' allows you to study in detail close objects like animal footprints, marks or landscape features. The binocular also features a 5.0mm exit pupil, a 13mm eye relief. The binocular is compact, lightweight at only 771grams.
- BAK4 Porro prisms
- Aspherical optical elements offer edge-to-edge image sharpness
- Fully multicoated optics
- Contoured body provides a comfortable grip
- Lightweight fiberglass reinforced polycarbonate housing
- Housing is corrosion, temperature and impact-resistant
- Rubberized armoring protects against impacts and provides slip-resistant grip
- Inner focusing mechanism provides smooth focus while preserving waterproof seals
- Center focus knob offers an easy focusing
- Fold-down rubber eyecups seal against ocular cavity and block stray peripheral light